Why Document Scanning?
If you’re running a professional office in the digital age, you might be surprised to find out how important document scanning can be to your compliance, productivity, and overall costs.
Despite the light-speed advances in technology and digital communications, the burden of coping with the physicality of paper continues to present a real and growing challenge to businesses. In many cases, companies dealing with sensitive materials, such as contracts, might spend more money trying to ensure files are protected from theft or damage. Overall, a company can spend more time and resources housing and protecting files than is necessary.
- Meet Compliance Regulations. Many industries are beginning to see where converting from paper to digital files creates an opportunity for better compliance. Encrypted digital files are well-protected and can only be viewed and shared with whomever your company finds beneficial.
- Document Sharing. Document imaging and storage solutions are the best solution for collaboration in the workplace. With scanned documents, you can assure that each member of the team will be able to view the files without delay.
- Incredibly Easy Access. Using a EDMS makes files much easier to access. This also makes it possible for out-of-town clients or out-of-country employees to stay up-to-date without having to be physically present at all times.
Why Outsource Document Scanning?
Many of our customers have asked themselves the question “Should I just scan my documents in-house or do I outsource the task?”
- Focus on Your Mission – Before introducing an in-house scanning solution, ask “What’s my core business / strengths?” and decide if scanning / document management is one of them.
- Conserve Capital – Document scanning hardware and software is expensive to buy, maintain and update.
- Keep Your Staff Productive – Valuable staff would need to be dedicated to the function and trained. If best practices and efficient use of your human capital are of interest to you, then outsourcing your scanning is the right choice.
- Utilize Space – If conservation of costly space is a consideration for you, then outsourcing your scanning makes sense.
The Benefits of Digitizing Your Files
Document scanning has proven a viable and valuable solution to paper files and the benefits are numerous. As the first step in the digitization of paper records, invoices, employment files and other traditional paper-based business activities, scan on demand and document scanning services can seamlessly integrate into day-to-day business operations. Here are just some of the benefits to scanning services:
- Lower Storage Costs. Buying more storage and housing documents in expensive office or costly storage space represents a potentially huge and unwarranted cost.
- Heightened Productivity. A significant amount of a company’s productivity can be attributed to time spent retrieving and sorting documents.
- Better Customer Service. When it comes to customer account inquiries, slow response time due to misplaced or lost documents can result in poor customer service and potentially damage a reputation.
- Better Organization. Spend less time copying, faxing, or routing your documents. Use document imaging and scan on demand to keep your operations organized.
- Easier Disaster Recovery. Most organizations have a well-defined disaster recovery plan in place for their IT databases. Back-up plans for hardcopy documents, however, are completely overlooked.
- Compliance. Many organizations need to satisfy the compliance requirements of government and security bodies. Medical document scanning, for example, carries many strict regulations in regards to document retention. Keep compliance top of mind with scanning services.
- Increased Document Security. Never worry about the protection of your documents again. Housing the files in secure locations and controlling who has key/combination access are but two of the issues surrounding sensitive documents.
Who Would Benefit From Document Scanning Services?
Document scanning is an easy way to take your business into the 21st century. However, some businesses might have an extraordinarily large number of documents of which they need to keep track. On-demand scanning helps in these cases by acting as a more cost-effective solution. Instead of paying for every single file to be digitally scanned, companies can gradually scan documents as needed.
Any business can benefit from the efficiency boost that comes with document scanning. Digital documents are easier to share, edit, and store. This way, you can focus on improving your business without having to worry about keeping track of the mountain of information needed to keep things running smoothly.